|The ISIS3000 ion source produces a high current, variable energy
ion beam for the cleaning of sample surfaces in UHV. It is easily adapted to
most UHV systems and is supplied complete with a power supply.
of the sample cleaning ion source
- Good specifications at an attractive price.
- Variable energy 100 - 3000 eV
- High beam current even at low energy
- Variable beam current for different kinds of samples.
- Low beam energy for sensitive samples.
- Higher beam energies for rapid etching.
- Broad 10 mm spot - no rastering required
- No differential pumping required - bolts directly to 70 mm
- Supplied with spacer collar to adjust working distance no
- May be used with any inert gas leaked directly into the
source -no need to backfill your chamber.
|Description of the Ion source
The ion source
comprises an oscillating electron discharge source with electrostatic
extraction and focusing lens. Inert gas is leaked directly into the discharge
chamber where ions are formed at a selected energy of between 100 and 3000 eV.
The ions are extracted and focused into a spot of approximately 10 mm diameter
at the sample surface where the impact of the energetic ions physically removes
surface material thus cleaning the sample.
The gun has a simple rugged
design and includes dual filaments to extend in vacuum serviceability. The
electronics are 19 inch rack mounting and provide clear analogue metering of
beam energy, filament and discharge current.